Indian Male 25 years young! Engineer(Average College)+ Indian MBA(Top 10 college India)(degree:PGDM), No pre MBA work experience, total post MBA work experience 2.1 Years as on date.
Academic- 10th: 85, 10+2: 80, Engineering: 70%, MBA(PGDM): 7 (CGPA)
Post MBA Work experience with an Indian FMCG in Sales. An "Area Manger" for the last 2 years.
1 Give Gmat latest by February 2013.
2 Submit Application by October 2013.
3 Appear for Interview/ Hopefully get selected by March 2014.
4. PLan to leave Job around March 2014.
4. Be a student of Class of 2016, and start in September 2014.
1. I have recently been moved in to a Marketing role(Brand Manager) in my current "Indian FMCG" company. (The Corporate Group will be well known in US, but its FMCG Business Unit will be unheard of)
2 In this company I am not exactly in the FMCG Division but more in a Consumer Durable division. Also neither the Sales or the Marketing experience here has/will bee holistic since I have not been looking after the core FMCG products.
3. I Have an opportunity to switch to a MNC FMCG player in INdia, which is a $40 Billion, Consumer Healthcare company, in a Sales Profile.
4. Even though the switch is again to a Sales Profile! am sure I will get lots of new learnings as this MNC FMCG company is into Hardcore FMCG and will have loads of new systems and processes, which I will learn.
"Should I switch"?
1. Will the interviewer at Wharton not realize that I gave GMAT(By March'13) within 7 months of changing my Company.?
2. a. 4 Years of Proper Sales Experience is better ( @ 2 companies, different Geography and industry in India).
b. 2 Years of Sales and 2 Years of Marketing( At comparitivey less better company, with not many systems in place)
3. In case am not able to get through any of the screening rounds and end up not joining class of '16 or '17, in that case I want to switch rite now just to have a backup or Plan B.
Please advise as to what should I do right now.!